Rent Car P Plate Singapore: A Beginner’s Guide
Posted On April 5, 2022
The Cost Varies
The cost of rent car p plate singapore varies greatly. It’s not always because of brand differentiation; sometimes it’s because more expensive packages include extras like extra insurance coverage.
- Car rental packages usually include the following (as specified in your contract):
- The rental fee
- The rental period
- The amount of the security deposit
- Insurance coverage Payment schedule (including additional named drivers, if any, and the excess)
- Contact in the event of a breakdown
- Penalties for termination
- Any restrictions, if any
What If I’m Not A Car Owner?
If you don’t own a car, you should probably brush up on some car insurance 101 because insurance coverage is crucial. Some terms to be aware of are:
- Named driver(s): If the rental car is for communitarian use – say, you and your spouse – make sure all drivers are “named” in the contract, or you may not be covered if the other person drives the car.
- Excess (or deductible): That’s the amount you pay when you want to claim a cost. For example, the workshop may charge you $1,000 to repair your car. If the “excess” in the contract is $300, you pay that money and the insurance company is paying $700.
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) or Collision Damage Waiver (CDW): If something goes wrong with the rental car, the company will pass the costs on to you – obvious, right? However, if you choose an LDW or CDW, you can prevent this from happening, generally by paying extra upfront.
- Theft Protection Insurance: If rent car p plate singaporeor a portion of it is stolen, you will be responsible for the cost of replacement. The liability can be reduced to a small excess payment with this insurance.